Divorce can take a toll on an individual’s mental, social and financial well-being. With these strains, it can also have an impact on immigration status in the USA. A green card divorce may present a permanent resident with new challenges. However, it’s essential to determine which at which stage the divorce is file before you file a petition request with the USA. Citizenship and Immigration Services take time to understand the consequences of your divorce or cancelation on your situation. The process may be lengthy if not given proper consideration.

It’s very important. Ensure that you get the right advice for your particular situation. Immigration experts provide step – by – step, simple and affordable advice on such immigration applications. Individuals, lawyers are easily available through the use of desktop or mobile device services to precisely prepare immigration forms, avoiding expensive delays.

The vast majority of the holders of green cards do not suffer from divorce. If you are a legitimate permanent resident with a green card of 10 years old, renewing a green card is not an incident. After divorce submits FormI-90 to renew or replace the Green Card to Replace Permanent Resident Card. Your marital status is not directly linked to any further issues. If you obtain a green card by marriage to a citizen of the United States or permanent resident, divorce or annulment can pose a problem. The potential problem here is whether a divorce casts doubt that the marriage is true. There is a waiver for the joint request. After a divorce, the conditional residence can submit the Form I-751. But it is almost certain that USCIS will give the case further scrutiny.

If a divorce takes place at any time before a green card application is approved, the immigration procedure ceases. This divorce disbands the spouse’s eligible relationship. However, divorce circumstances are different after a green card has been issued. The conditional resident must, in these cases, file Form I-751 waiving the common filing obligation and show the citizenship and immigration officers that he/she had consolidated the marriage in good faith.

If you file a divorce with a U.S. citizen for three years on the basis of marriage, your eligibility for the form N-400 Application for naturalization is affected. Even if you have been married for more than three years, at the time of naturalization you must still be married. until you actually get your U.S. citizenship, you must stay married and live with your spouse three years to qualify at this early stage before submitting your application N-400.

The main concern of USCIS is to ensure good intentions are given into marriage. Divorce should not stop you from filing your I-751 petition after you have obtained the conditional green card. You can actually prepare Form I-751 with a waiving of the common filing condition because of a divorce after a green card. However, before I-751 is filed with the waiver, we always recommend you talk to an immigration lawyer. Proper procedures and filings are essentials to gain the most benefit out of even bad decisions in life. It’s best to have professional support at crucial times like these.


Read More:
Who Can Apply for Green Card
Read about Green Card Organization company