Who Can Apply for Green Card in the US?
Being able to live, work and pursue your career in the US has been a dream of many individuals. If you’re planning to apply for a Green Card in the US, you need to go through a series of steps. The first step would be to check if you’re eligible to apply, or not. The process takes time, and every single detail is examined. You need to note that every application case is distinct and processes at a different timescale. Therefore, if you have this dream to live and work in the US, you better start finding ways to emigrate from your country to the USA. However, an important question you might want to get answers for is: Who can apply for Green Card?
It is important that you check the eligibility requirements before the application process. This article will discuss who can apply for the Green Card in the US.
Following is a list of categories you could apply for:
- Green Card through Family
- Green Card through Refugee or Asylee Status
- Green Card through Employment
- Green Card for Human Trafficking and Crime Victims
- Green Card as a Special Immigrant
- Green Card for Victims of Abuse
- Green Card through Registry
- Green Card through Other Categories
It is important that you meet the eligibility requirements for the category you’re applying for.
Most people apply for a green card in three ways:
- Green Card Lottery
- Presence of Family
- Work Purpose
The green card lottery comes every year for once where the USA welcome around 55,000 new immigrants under their diversity visa program. This way depends solely on your luck.
If you’re applying through a family member, the following are the eligibility details for this category.
-You can apply if your immediate family member, such as a spouse is a US citizen
-If you are under 21 and an unmarried child of a US citizen
-If you are the parent of a 21-year-old US citizen
– The fiancé of a US citizen
– Widow(er) of a US citizen
If you’re applying on the basis of employment, the following are the eligibility details for this category.
-You can apply if you’re an immigrant worker: in search of a national interest waiver and have exceptional abilities of art, science or business.
– If you are an immigrant investor: if you are investing, or have invested $1 million (or $500,000 in a focused employment area) in new commercial business. Considering that this action would be creating positions for a minimum of 10 full-time workers.
– Physician National Interest Waiver: If you meet the eligibility criteria and show interest in working in clinical practice for a set period of time.
Thus, before going through the application process, you need to make sure that you’re eligible and can apply. Getting a green card for the US can be a dream come true for some people. Therefore, if you really want to apply, make sure that you seek the right help that the application is filled with no mistakes, in order to avoid any delays.